It’s been a busy few days and as my impending move to Portland, OR is taking shape (leave date is August 16 folks) I realize now just how much crap there is to do.? It’s all little things here of there, distracting all of them, not including the big things like packing, finding an apartment and a job, et cetera et cetera.
I’m going to try to line up some guest bloggers for the two weeks I’ll be driving out to Oregon.? But you can expect site reports from Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse, Yellowstone, The Tetons, Jackson Hole, Bozeman, Montana.? Gonna be great.
So we feel neglected, but here are a few things we’ve been occupied with the past few days.
– Scary Neocons on a boat talking ignorantly about liberals.
– With that in mind, apparantly the leader of Al-Queda in Iraq was a fictional character.? And you wonder why so many people think this war can’t be won.? Someone should tell the White House this is a war of information.
– Stereogum has a tribute to Radiohead’s Ok Computer with a ton of up-and-coming indie bands.? Mostly it just makes us appreciate Radiohead and gets us thinking that down the line blogs might transition into record companies or film studios.
– First look at Mr. Cruise in the upcoming Bryan Singer men on a mission flick Valkyrie.? Cruise, you’ll remember is starring as a German Colonel who gets caught up in a plot to assassinate Hitler.? The remeblance between Tom and the actual? Herr von Stauffenberg is uncanny.
– The 2007 Mercury Prize nominees were announced.? This award goes to a British musical act for album of the year.? Last year the Arctic Monkeys won for their debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not. ? As always you’ve got a mix of the known and unknown.? Early favorites have got to be Amy Winehouse, The Klaxons and possibly the New Young Pony Club.? Though don’t count out past winner like the Arctic Monkeys or 2003 winner Dizzee Rascal.
– No Lost, no The Wire, no Battlestar Galactica, no Veronica Mars.? You can bet your bottom dollar Annie, that if your favorite show is gettin’ no love than it has to be Emmy time.? The finalists for the most pointless awards show has been announced and the contenders for best drama inlcude: Boston Legal, Grey’s Anatomy, Heroes, The Sopranos, and House.? Me thinks only two of those shows are actually worthy of being nominated.? But I’m sure I don’t have to tell you which two.? As for the unfunny comedy series nominated are: The Office, Ugly Betty, Entourage, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men.? I will never take an awards show serious which nominated a CBS sitcom for best comedy series on television.? It’s that simple.
– And yes, we’ll be watching AMC’s Mad Men tonight and we’ll let you know how it is tomorrow.? Friday should pose to be a very busy day as we’ve got the Harry Potter event at Harvard Square tomorrow night and several interviews to get up for you.? Until then kids, keep the faith.